December 17, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (27): New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013
(in no particular order)
Rae Carson : I read the Fire and Thorns trilogy this year, I had the first book sitting on my shelf since 2011, so this year I read The Girl of Fire and Thorns (review), The Crown of Embers (review) and The Bitter Kingdom (review) almost back to back and I love them!! It´s really a great trilogy.

Matthew Quick : This year I read Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock (review) and a liked it a lot, it´s a really sad story and I really want to read more of his books.

Jessi Kirby : Golden (review) is one of my favorites book of 2013 and I hope read more of her books in 2014.
Jennifer Lynn Barnes : I like YA thrillers and police procedural TV shows, so that´s why The Naturals review) was perfect to me, I really enjoy it a lot.

Diana Peterfreund : I´ve heard great things about For Darkness Shows the Stars a book I´ve yet to read , but this year I read its companion novel Across a Star-Swept Sea (review), and I really liked it!

Lauren Oliver : This is another trilogy that I read back to back this year, and I really liked it a lot except for the ending of Requiem (review), but I did loved Delirium (review) and Pandemonium (review).

Suzanne Young : I love dystopian novels and I couldn´t miss this book, The Program (review) is really god I love it!

Maria V. Snyder : I´ve been wanting to read one of her books for a while, so I decided to start with this trilogy. I really loved Touch of Power (review) and Scent of Magic (review).

Lauren Barnholdt : I really don´t remember on which Top Ten Tuesday I saw for the first time Two-Way Street (review), if it was TBR Summer reads or beach reads but something like that and Two-Way Street was a recurrent book on a lot of blogs and it´s also my first Road Trip book. I really enjoyed it a lot. And I also read Right of Way (review) this year.

Joelle Charbonneau : Another dystopian book that I really liked it, and I can´t wait to read the next book. The Testing (review).

¿What new-to-you author did you read in 2013?
Leave me your links!


Don´t forget to enter my current giveaway:
2nd Year Blogoversary Giveaway (INTL) - HERE.

December New Release Giveaway Hop (INTL) - HERE.

14 comments:

  1. Maria V. Snyder is literally one of my favorite authors ever. Her books are all so amazing! I'm re-reading Touch of Power right now because the third book in that series comes out soon. The Study series is even better than the Healer series in my opinion so I definitely recommend those to you too. For Darkness Shows the Stars is an AWESOME book too!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I want to read Matthew Peacock and based on your reviews, I will need to check out Lauren Barnholdt

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to start Carson and Young, had their books for ages and still haven't read them...
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read Golden! I've heard such good things about it. Great list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessi Kirby made my list with Golden as well! Great list!

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely picks! I adore Lauren and Diana's novels, and Suzanne made my list today too! Hopefully I'll get to Girl of Fire & Thorns in 2014.

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list! I have read almost all of these books and I agree with you, they are all great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! many of these authors are new to me as well. I really want to read Delirium and The Naturals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I loved Two-way Street, and I love Maria V. Snyder's books. I've also read Lauren Oliver's 2 MG books, but not the Delirium trilogy, and all the other authors are on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also read Two-way Street and loved it as well! I didn't know about Right of way and I can't wait to find it and read it now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only read Delirium and The Naturals on this list. Most of this authors were new to me. Might as well take this as recommendations. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lot of these books and authors are on my TBR, but the only one that I have read anything by is Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I read her Raised by Wolves trilogy and absolutely loved it. I would definitely recommend it to you if you like shifter stories. It is a great series with great characters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to read the Delirium trilogy but I can't find it anywhere :(

    ReplyDelete