September 10, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (138): This Shattered World

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The book I´m waiting this week is

This Shattered World (Starbound #2) by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Release date: December 23rd 2014
The second installment in the epic Starbound trilogy introduces a new pair of star-crossed lovers on two sides of a bloody war.

Jubilee Chase and Flynn Cormac should never have met.

Lee is captain of the forces sent to Avon to crush the terraformed planet's rebellious colonists, but she has her own reasons for hating the insurgents.

Rebellion is in Flynn's blood. Terraforming corporations make their fortune by recruiting colonists to make the inhospitable planets livable, with the promise of a better life for their children. But they never fulfilled their promise on Avon, and decades later, Flynn is leading the rebellion.

Desperate for any advantage in a bloody and unrelentingly war, Flynn does the only thing that makes sense when he and Lee cross paths: he returns to base with her as prisoner. But as his fellow rebels prepare to execute this tough-talking girl with nerves of steel, Flynn makes another choice that will change him forever. He and Lee escape the rebel base together, caught between two sides of a senseless war.

Why I'm Waiting?
I really really enjoyed These Broken Stars and can´t wait to read more about this world and meet this new characters.

What book are you waiting this week?
Leave your WOW links

6 comments:

  1. Nice! Seen this series around a lot lately! hope you enjoy this installment as well!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really new to me. I really like the cover and it sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read book number one, but it is on my TBR list. But it seems like a great series.

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books, my WOW pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! I'm seriously dying to get this one! I loooved These Broken Stars and I cannot wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still need to finish These Broken Stars! The covers are really pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I am waiting too. December is getting close, and I absolutely cannot wait for this one. I hope it lives up to the first, with these new characters!

    ReplyDelete